Best DSLR Mount for Traveling?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello, I am new to Videomaker. I’m a media production student and work on my university’s television station. I will be traveling a lot soon due to a study abroad program that I am participating in, and I plan to work on a documentary while I am abroad. Because I am visiting 12 countries, I have to pack light. I was just wondering what kind of DLSR mount would be best to purchase to achieve stability while shooting, but still light to allow for easy travel. Thanks!

Participant

I’ve used a Barska ACCU-Grip Camera Handle Pistol Grip for many years, both with a DSLR and with a small lightweight camcorder. It provides good stability and takes up virtually no room in a pack or travel bag. You can find it, as well as several similar grips, at B&H and Amazon, for about $15

The Vello CB-800 Universal Pistol Grip with Shutter Release looks promising too, although I haven’t tried it. Appears to be about the same price.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cinema cameras — 2021

Determining the best cinema cameras on the market today can be complicated. Here are the first cameras you should consider
homicide-bootstrap