Best choice out of these 3 for website/YouTube

Olarocke's picture

I'm completely new in the field of videography so I don't want to get in over my head with the more pro models (yet) I will be filming simple video of events around town and sit down interviews.

I like that all three cameras offer ability for still photography too. All video will be going on YouTube and an online website, so I don't know how much I'll be filming in 4K. Good audio is a must, so recommendations on which would be the best for that or that offer the ability to add on wireless mics will be a plus.

The 3 cameras I am picking between are
Canon - VIXIA HF G20 32GB HD Flash Memory Camcorder - Black http://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-vixia-hf-g20-32gb-hd-flash-memory-camc...

Panasonic HC-vx870k http://www.bestbuy.com/site/panasonic-hc-vx870k-4k-ultra-hd-flash-memory...

Sony Handycam AX53 4K Flash Memory Camcorder http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-handycam-ax53-4k-flash-memory-camcorder...
If someone could recommend a desktop that will handle this type of filming I'll be doing, be it Mac or windows, it would be very much appreciated.

Roger Miller's picture

As an owner of a $3500.00 3 chip industrial camera I can tell you from experience that the G 20 we’ll give you 95% of the picture quality at 20% of the price.
If you Google Head to head shootouts with the models of your choice, I think you will end up with the G 20.
I can also tell you from experience that the built-in microphone is going to seem like a human ear to most of your viewers.
As for desktops or laptops I always recommend the Apple Mac platform.
Not only is Mac reliable and stable, Apple does a better job than anybody of protecting your investment. For those of us that don’t have an IT person in the house, the Genius Bar is worth it’s weight in gold in terms pointing-and-clicking your out of any problem.
I wasted $300 on a popular non-Apple editing program. The tutorial had one version of what the screen should look like while the program had a different idea. Now what?
With no face-to-face tech-support, I wrote off the $300 and went back to Apple.

Roger Miller's picture

As an owner of a $3500.00 3 chip industrial camera I can tell you from experience that the G 20 we’ll give you 95% of the picture quality at 20% of the price.
If you Google Head to head shootouts with the models of your choice, I think you will end up with the G 20.
I can also tell you from experience that the built-in microphone is going to seem like a human ear to most of your viewers.
As for desktops or laptops I always recommend the Apple Mac platform.
Not only is Mac reliable and stable, Apple does a better job than anybody of protecting your investment. For those of us that don’t have an IT person in the house, the Genius Bar is worth it’s weight in gold in terms pointing-and-clicking your way out of any problem.
I wasted $300 on a popular non-Apple editing program. The tutorial had one version of what the screen should look like while the program had a different idea. Now what?
With no face-to-face tech-support, I wrote off the $300 and went back to Apple.