Best book to learn DSLR videography from start to finish? (including filming/post-production)

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Best book to learn DSLR videography from start to finish? (including filming/post-production)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      umar
      Participant

Any suggestions for a good book that teaches DSLR videography. Everything from filming to post-production. I'm using a t2i and Adobe Premiere/after effects. I'm willing to switch programs if the book requires me to. I have no knowledge of post-production and minimal knowledge of filming.

I'm not looking to start a videography business, just would like to learn. I keep having to patch together information from many resources and it would be awesome to have something to build a good foundation.

Thanks!

brunerww

Hi umar – the best value for your money is probably "Digital SLR Video and Filmmaking for Dummies", which you can download to Kindle for $16.49.  It covers everything from writing your script, to pre-production, to shooting with your DSLR, to post-production and editing with Adobe Premiere.

Hope this is close to what you're looking for – and good luck!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Damian Lloyd
      Participant

Ryan Koo has an ebook (PDF) called "The DSLR Cinematography Guide" that's a pretty good introduction / survey of the subject. If you go to NoFilmSchool.com and scroll to the end of the page, you can get the ebook by subscribing to his mailing list.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I'd add to the previous comments–look at the resources available on this site. There are a number of videos that cover videography with a DSLR, and they are quite good.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN