Best audio recording for Canon T3i

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Ok so I know I need to record audio separately to an external source from video to achieve the best video and audio results. Basically what do I need equipment wise to achieve the results. I have a Dolica Mic that I bought for $50, but it has a very noticeable hiss sound that I'm not too found of…

Do I need a preamp? An external recorder such as the Zoom H1?  I really want to invest in a wireless mic as well.

Any recommendations would be greatly be appreciated!

Can you give more specifics on what it is you're recording?

Participant

The Zoom H1 is a great little digital audio recorder. I use it a lot with my canon t5i.  I use the little soft pouch that you can buy in the accessory kit.  This pouch has a velcro belt clip so it's easy to attach to a persons belt, I then run a small Sony clip-on mic up under the talent's shirt to hide the wire. The sound is amazing quality for the price of this set-up.  It's almost like having a wireless microphone, except you have the extra chore of syncing the audio with the video in post production.

For a crystal clean and clear sound, highly recommend the following combination:

1) juiceLink RA222 – It's main strength is its preamp. This model has 2 XLR inputs and a headphones output.

2) Sennheiser ew 100 ENG system. Although a bit pricey, they do deliver a crystal clear audio to any video or DSLR recorder.

I use this combination for my happy Canon 70D camera (which does not have a headphones out). The sound is crystal clean and clear. . . professional grade.

I agree with Edward ..

Sennheiser has great mics … a little pricey but it is far better to invest now in a good set of wireless mics then to suffer the consequences of "saving money" only to lose it with an unhappy client or a crappy production.

We use the Zoom H4N to do all our recordings (has 2 XLR or 1/4 in inputs)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=731495&gclid=CjwKEAjw3YipBRDL2bHhjLmFkQsSJADtzktjYuh547ATH9K430iluFicyKho63iTvFaRDUWIYN7oMBoCE3Dw_wcB&Q=&is=REG&A=details

——————————–

Produce and Profit from 30 second commercials in 30 days

http://www.ReelCrashCourse.com

Guys,

I had a Canon 70d.

What is the better option to make videos (cost benefit):

Seenheiser MKE-600 
      Rode NTG-2 
      Rode NTG-4+ 

I have Canon 7d from past 3 years with a Rode Video Mic Pro, which is amazing.

http://www.vinssmedia.com

I want to record interviews and use a wireless mic when someone is demonstrating an exercise. 

What is the name of the wireless mic you use? I wouldn't need a preamp?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap