Best audio recording for Canon T3i

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Ok so I know I need to record audio separately to an external source from video to achieve the best video and audio results. Basically what do I need equipment wise to achieve the results. I have a Dolica Mic that I bought for $50, but it has a very noticeable hiss sound that I'm not too found of…

Do I need a preamp? An external recorder such as the Zoom H1?  I really want to invest in a wireless mic as well.

Any recommendations would be greatly be appreciated!

Can you give more specifics on what it is you're recording?

Participant

The Zoom H1 is a great little digital audio recorder. I use it a lot with my canon t5i.  I use the little soft pouch that you can buy in the accessory kit.  This pouch has a velcro belt clip so it's easy to attach to a persons belt, I then run a small Sony clip-on mic up under the talent's shirt to hide the wire. The sound is amazing quality for the price of this set-up.  It's almost like having a wireless microphone, except you have the extra chore of syncing the audio with the video in post production.

For a crystal clean and clear sound, highly recommend the following combination:

1) juiceLink RA222 – It's main strength is its preamp. This model has 2 XLR inputs and a headphones output.

2) Sennheiser ew 100 ENG system. Although a bit pricey, they do deliver a crystal clear audio to any video or DSLR recorder.

I use this combination for my happy Canon 70D camera (which does not have a headphones out). The sound is crystal clean and clear. . . professional grade.

I agree with Edward ..

Sennheiser has great mics … a little pricey but it is far better to invest now in a good set of wireless mics then to suffer the consequences of "saving money" only to lose it with an unhappy client or a crappy production.

We use the Zoom H4N to do all our recordings (has 2 XLR or 1/4 in inputs)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=731495&gclid=CjwKEAjw3YipBRDL2bHhjLmFkQsSJADtzktjYuh547ATH9K430iluFicyKho63iTvFaRDUWIYN7oMBoCE3Dw_wcB&Q=&is=REG&A=details

——————————–

Produce and Profit from 30 second commercials in 30 days

http://www.ReelCrashCourse.com

Guys,

I had a Canon 70d.

What is the better option to make videos (cost benefit):

Seenheiser MKE-600 
      Rode NTG-2 
      Rode NTG-4+ 

I have Canon 7d from past 3 years with a Rode Video Mic Pro, which is amazing.

http://www.vinssmedia.com

I want to record interviews and use a wireless mic when someone is demonstrating an exercise. 

What is the name of the wireless mic you use? I wouldn't need a preamp?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap