Battery Choices

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi All

I recently bought a Sony A57, primarily for shooting HD video interviews and product stills. There is a trade fair that I'm going to and I'm slightly concerned about the stock battery life. I won't be shooting non stop – I reckon the battery provided with the camera will be fine for the sporadic stuff I will be doing – but I want to make sure there's back up.

What should I be looking for in a battery? Is there a big difference in quality between cheapies and more expensive ones? I see batteries on ebay quoting the same capacity figures as the stock Sony battery but they're around 1/5 of the price of a new branded battery! Can anyone give specific recommendations?

Thanks for all help

Frank

p.s New here and finding searching previous content pretty hard so apologies if this is a repeat question.
      Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Is always a good idea to have backups, especially when it comes to batteries. I prefer to buy original batteries because they are usually better than "generic" ones. If you decide to buy a non branded battery take some time to read reviews online about them. Also when buying on Ebay make sure the seller accept refunds and have good reviews from previous sells. Since you will be doing interviews you may not need a high capacity battery which are way cheaper. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap