AVCHD Troubles

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello everyone, I have recently shot a music video on a sony PMW 100(XD Cam)  at 1080P 29.9 fps and the video was captured as an AVCHD file and when i import to cs5.5, the video is only allowing me to export as a DV format. In the sequence setting I tried AVCHD and also XDCAM settings and for some reason its not allowing me too edit or export as an HD video Please help because my client paid me before hand and is expecting an HD video I have shot for years as a concert and live event cam-op and dont have too much knowledge in editting(now starting and love it) Thanks ahead of time πŸ™‚

Participant

I'm guessing you're using a firewire to capture to the computer.

Check for either a USB  connection on your camera or even better, a SD card that you can remove from the camera and put into your computer.  In either case, once you connect your camera to the computer as a 'hard drive' instead of as a camera, you should be able to access the avchd file in its native digital format.  Copy it to your hard drive, disconnect the camera and open the file in your video editing software.

wavcastcom

When you copythe AVCHD, make sure to copy the entire folder structure, not just the MTS files,  to your editing workstation.

Participant

Thanks alot for the help. Apparently when I copied the files to my computer, the resolution came out at 720×480 rather than 1920×1080. Lol. Well the camera does have a usb port and I am going to try and capture again. Thanks again and I will keep you all posted on whether success can be achieved.

Participant

> I will keep you all posted on whether success can be achieved.

I'm most interested to hear if you accomplished this.

If not, I fear this might be the semi-well-known "MTS spanning issue" that afflicts Adobe Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6 (and CC for all I know). You say you can export as SD video, but not HD; does the rendering time just keep going up even into the hundreds of hours? There doesn't seem to be a work-around, other than transcoding the camera-original files to another format for editing.

Participant

If not, I fear this might be the semi-well-known "MTS spanning issue" that afflicts Adobe Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6 (and CC for all I know). You say you can export as SD video, but not HD; does the rendering time just keep going up even into the hundreds of hours? There doesn't seem to be a work-around, other than transcoding the camera-original files to another format for editing.

Participant

Participant

Participant

Participant

Participant

Participant

Yes, the rendering time goes into oblIivion. I delivered the final cut to the client yesterday in all it's SD glory. oh well…

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year β€” 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition,...
homicide-bootstrap