Audio Sync Problem with C-Span Clip

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am trying to download C-Span video so I can take short cuts of statements made during hearings. The problem is sometimes these statements are made hours into the hearing. I am able to successfully download a video clip using Houlo. Using their video player and certain other video players I was able to successfully view the downloaded video end to end; however, when I import that video into PP the audio is out of sync the farther I get away from the beginning from the start of the video. Do you have any suggestions on how I am to successfully do this?

I searched our forums, and found a possible answer in a comment:

“I had this problem with Premiere Pro CS4, and it was frustrating me greatly. The more I edited and the further along I got, the more audio got out of sync with the video.Turns out, it was the format it was in; Premiere Pro does NOT like .m2ts, (the native Blu-ray format) I recorded in regular AVCHD which is a .ts file that my Hauppauge HD PVR can also record to, tried importing it into Premiere Pro, and D’OH! PPCS4 doesn’t support .ts. Great. I decided to try renaming it to .mts, which is supported and as far as I know, the same format and wrapper as .ts. It worked beautifully. All my audio sync problems disappeared. You could try converting to AVCHD and giving it a .mts extension.”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap