Audio Sync Problem with C-Span Clip

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am trying to download C-Span video so I can take short cuts of statements made during hearings. The problem is sometimes these statements are made hours into the hearing. I am able to successfully download a video clip using Houlo. Using their video player and certain other video players I was able to successfully view the downloaded video end to end; however, when I import that video into PP the audio is out of sync the farther I get away from the beginning from the start of the video. Do you have any suggestions on how I am to successfully do this?

VideomakerVideomaker
      Participant

I searched our forums, and found a possible answer in a comment:

“I had this problem with Premiere Pro CS4, and it was frustrating me greatly. The more I edited and the further along I got, the more audio got out of sync with the video.Turns out, it was the format it was in; Premiere Pro does NOT like .m2ts, (the native Blu-ray format) I recorded in regular AVCHD which is a .ts file that my Hauppauge HD PVR can also record to, tried importing it into Premiere Pro, and D’OH! PPCS4 doesn’t support .ts. Great. I decided to try renaming it to .mts, which is supported and as far as I know, the same format and wrapper as .ts. It worked beautifully. All my audio sync problems disappeared. You could try converting to AVCHD and giving it a .mts extension.”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap