Audio question during filming a documentary.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

So couple nights ago, I was watching a documentary on PBS and I noticed something about the audio that made me wonder.  There were a few scenes where the subjects were about 10-20 meters away from the camera, yet the audio sounded clear and strong.  Then I noticed they didn’t have wireless mics, well, I didn’t see any on their clothes.  That question that I have is, how did they do that?  Can someone please help me find a source that I can read about it.  Thank you. 

Participant

Any good pro audio person can easily hid a lavaliere mic on talent. Knowing how to do this properly this is a part of their job.

Mike

"  Then I noticed they didn’t have wireless mics, well, I didn’t see any on their clothes. "

Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there!

Rick Crampton

"  Then I noticed they didn’t have wireless mics, well, I didn’t see any on their clothes. "

Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there!

Rick Crampton

Participant

Yeah if there was no change in audio quality they had to have some mic hidden somewhere to record that more than likely just good lapel mic

Participant

Most of the time, professional crews will hide lavs inside clothing.  
      If you couldn't see lip sync, it's possible that it was a split edit or was looped.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap