Audio lag issue

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am recording lectures with a Sony HDR FX1000 feeding into a Panasonic DMR-EH59 dvd/hard drive recorder (after going through an Edirol mixer). I am encountering an issue where the audio is not in sync with the video and lags behind by several seconds. Is there a way to correct this? I did not have this issue when I was recording onto my TriCaster Pro FX.

Thanks in advance

Participant

In your editing program extract the audeo from the clip of interest. Then you can shift and stretch or contract it as nececessary to match the video

Mavnick,

What settings are you using o the FX1000?

What model Edirol mixer are you using?

Where is the sound coming from ? (sound board, Camera)

Cheers

Robert

Mavnick,

I assume you go through the V440HD to project to a wide screen including the graphics / presentation during the lecture. and the plan is to record the entire lecture as it was done live.

What is happening is that the Edirol has a delay in the video (in vs out) and your sound is fed directly from the camera… You did not see this on the Tricaster because it had a sound in and out, this caused it to delay the sound and the video…keeping them in sync

now you have  3 choices…

1. Always fix this in post by doing like roblewis56 suggested (yes this defeats the purpose)

2. Get a sound processing device that you can ajust it to delay the sound the same amount as the video… and feed the sound to the recorder.

3. change your switcher for one that has audio in and out.

I agree that purpose of recording it all directly to the Panasonic is to NOT have to go in post…

hope this helps

Cheers

Robert

Participant

Brilliant! I will try and find a newer switcher that has audio in/out and lastly I may have my TriCaster repaired.

Thanks!

Participant

Settings on the camera for picture profile is CINEMA, and all of the others are factory defaulsts. Progressive scan is off. Shutter speed at 60.

The Edirol is model V-440 HD

The sound is coming off of the camera.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2020

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers...
homicide-bootstrap