Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Sound › Audio lag issue
- April 16, 2014 at 3:23 PM #75791
I am recording lectures with a Sony HDR FX1000 feeding into a Panasonic DMR-EH59 dvd/hard drive recorder (after going through an Edirol mixer). I am encountering an issue where the audio is not in sync with the video and lags behind by several seconds. Is there a way to correct this? I did not have this issue when I was recording onto my TriCaster Pro FX.
Thanks in advance
- April 16, 2014 at 7:52 PM #210230roblewis56Participant
In your editing program extract the audeo from the clip of interest. Then you can shift and stretch or contract it as nececessary to match the video
- April 17, 2014 at 4:09 AM #210232FX1shooterMember
What settings are you using o the FX1000?
What model Edirol mixer are you using?
Where is the sound coming from ? (sound board, Camera)
- April 17, 2014 at 10:58 AM #210237FX1shooterMember
I assume you go through the V440HD to project to a wide screen including the graphics / presentation during the lecture. and the plan is to record the entire lecture as it was done live.
What is happening is that the Edirol has a delay in the video (in vs out) and your sound is fed directly from the camera… You did not see this on the Tricaster because it had a sound in and out, this caused it to delay the sound and the video…keeping them in sync
now you have 3 choices…
1. Always fix this in post by doing like roblewis56 suggested (yes this defeats the purpose)
2. Get a sound processing device that you can ajust it to delay the sound the same amount as the video… and feed the sound to the recorder.
3. change your switcher for one that has audio in and out.
I agree that purpose of recording it all directly to the Panasonic is to NOT have to go in post…
hope this helps
- April 17, 2014 at 11:37 AM #210238
Brilliant! I will try and find a newer switcher that has audio in/out and lastly I may have my TriCaster repaired.
- April 17, 2014 at 8:00 AM #210235
Settings on the camera for picture profile is CINEMA, and all of the others are factory defaulsts. Progressive scan is off. Shutter speed at 60.
The Edirol is model V-440 HD
The sound is coming off of the camera.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.