Audio and video out of sync in editing software – video slightly faster

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Audio and video out of sync in editing software – video slightly faster

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      meriin

Hi! I’d be glad if someone could help me out, as this has been driving me crazy. I’ve recorded a dark video using my phone Sony Z3. Played perfectly (just dark because of low lighting). Trimmed it using ffmpeg, still perfect. So I tried HitFilm 3 Express to make it brighter, all cool, but the video is a tiny bit faster than the audio! Adobe Premiere – same thing. It starts in sync but after 3 minutes there’s a difference of sth like 0.5s. I’ve been using the project sample rate for audio and frame rate for video as in the source (48KHz and 29.97fps respectively). Also tried exporting in constant bitrate – to no effect. The discrepancy is present already in the preview in the editing software. Ridiculously enough, in HitFilm, both the video clip and the audio clip are the same in length… but the audio is cut off when the video clip ends, leaving the final bit unplayed, and there is no way to expand the audio clip beyond that point. Is there anything I can do other than spending the next 5 years all days improving my programming skills to write my own video editing software?

rs170a
      Participant

I’m wondering why you used ffmpeg to trim it when Premiere could do that as well as do anything else you need to do it. Try dropping the original video into Premiere and see what happens.

Mike

Someone on this thread says that 2:3 pulldown could be the issue when there’s a sync problem (weird but worth a read). Good luck: http://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/6116/possible-reasons-for-video-and-audio-out-of-sync-in-hitfilm-3-pro

Bobby_Lin

I agree with rs170a, try to drop your video in Adobe Premier and edit from there instead of trimming it through ffmpeg. This will reduce the hassle of editing in various software and syncing them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN