Are there any decent microphones out there for microphone holder brackets?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Professional Camcorders Are there any decent microphones out there for microphone holder brackets?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      xmoylan

Hello,

I’m a relative amature to the world of videography. I have a Canon XF 105 and a couple new Sony Alpha DSLRs. I am going to be doing some video and I am looking for a good microphone for my XF video camera.

All of the shotgun mics I have seen on sites like Amazon are made to fit on shoe mounts. I already have a light on the shoe mount, and I don’t want one of those crazy extender brackets to give you more mounting spots. Are there any decent shotgun mics out there?

The Canon XF105 manual calls the piece a “microphone holder unit.” Lol, but they don’t sell any accessories for it. Anyone have any thoughts? I don’t need to spend a TON of money, I’m only doing semi-professional work. Couple hundred dollar range perhaps, or less if I can find something good that’s decent quality at a value price.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!
      – X Moylan

xmoylan
      JackWolcott
      Participant

Take a look at the “Coolux light and sound bracket” at B&H. It’s very lightweight, compact, inexpensive and effective. We carry one in every camera bag; couldn’t get along without it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN