Are Manfrotto tripod heads compatible with Ravelli legs?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Are Manfrotto tripod heads compatible with Ravelli legs?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I'm hoping someone can help me out.  I have an upstart videography business and I do a very light amount of photography once in a while.  I bought a ravelli APGL4 tripod with a pistol grip head http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003SQEAY0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00.  This is good for photo but I don't want to use it for video.  I'm on a tight budget so I'm trying to find out if the legs might be compatible with the Manfrotto 502HD video head.  The main reason I want to keep the tripod legs is because they're very sturdy and I love the overall height.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Chris

Participant

If they have a 3/8×16 threded mount post I believe you are okay. I switched from Manfrotto to Davis and Sanford (Nothing to do with the name). I had a couple manfrotto tripods but went from that to needing a jib, mounts on a boat and wound up needing 8 heads mounted that I would have to change back and forth from without having to mount the head and just use the quick release plate. Manfrotto was just to much at first and the Davis and Sanford heads are working just fine, so I even have them on Manfrotto leg's. I needed to standardise everything I had for one plate and be able to afford it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap