Any New Editing Softwares I Can Use??

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Ok guys, so i've been uploading videos on youtube for 2 years now, and i've been sticking with iMovie, it's a good software, but i need MORE features, iMovie is good, but it doesn't have that many features that can make my editing better, can anyone suggest any other program other than iMovie and FCPX or Sony Vegas?? (I can't have Sony Vegas because i work on a mac, and it's not available for mac yet..)

Participant

Install Bootcamp on your Mac and you can run any PC software you want to, including Vegas.

Avid and Premiere are both available in Mac versions.

Mike

Thanks Man! Do I Need To Pay For That?

Participant

Bootcamp is free. Everything else I mentioned has to be purchased.

Participant
      Have you tried Avidemux? Despite of its a little dated interface, it is a great program for simple cutting, filtering and encoding. It is fairly flexible and supports AVI, ASF, MPEG, MP4, etc. The most important, it is free.
      As you like, you can check out this post about video editing freeware.

There are tons of video editing programs for Win, but some now offers a Mac version. Good luck.

Participant

I use CyberLink PowerDirector. It's pretty stable (as compared with some other software I've used) and it has lots of features. But the features stay out of the way if you don't want them. I'd say it's the top of the heap for consumer video editing programs, but note the caveat: consumer-grade. I do training videos for ham radio and find that it gives me satisfactory results, even when I'm chroma keying, adding in lots of examples, and whatnot. I'm always learning more about it. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap