Any easy-to-use motion footage gear???

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      coolvictor

I’m trying to learn some TVC techniques. (I’m a non-professional and I just want to improve my skills) But I realized it is very important to shoot motion footage. Especially when I try to shoot a product such as a cup or a vase.

And it is really a big challenge to move my camera as I wanted it to. I found those sliders and turntables are expensive and not user-friendly. So, I wonder is there any solution for motion footage shooting?

Thanks a lot.
      Victor

JackWolcott
      Participant

The answer to your problem is to be found right here in Videomaker Magazine: take a look at https://www.videomaker.com/courses/717/how-to-make-your-own-table-top-dolly?utm_source=enews&utm_medium=email&utm_content=video1_2016_fri_06_03&utm_campaign=traffic, “How to make your own table top dolly.” It’s easy to do, inexpensive and very effective.

Good luck.

coolvictor

Hey Jack

Thank you for the DIY Dolly. Great idea! But I’m still thinking how can I shoot footage like “desktop jib” does. Because I want to move the camera not just in horizontal level. I’m looking for something allowed me to move the camera in 3 dimensions. Obviously, my hands does not work well enough. But your answer does help a lot: )

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN