Aligning Video and Audio.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      UponThinIce
      Participant

When I record a Video using my Camcorder as a WebCam, no matter what software I use, the audio to the video is always longer, by a scale I'd guess of for every minute of video, 10 seconds longer of audio.

So, the problem is, my video starts in time with the sound, and slowly comes out of time and then ends and the audio continues.

I tried recording the audio and video in seperate softwares at the same time, the same issue still occured.

How does one solve this issue?

JackWolcott
      Participant

See if you can isolate what is causing the problem. Does this occur when you play back the video in your camera? If it's o.k. when played in camera the problem is with the computer, possibly with  the sound card but more than likely with the computing power of the CPU. Try playing back your video on someone elses computer and see if that makes any difference.

You definitely don't want to record the video on one device and the audio on another; unless you're using very good equipment it's very possible to have different recording rates that will create the problem you're describing. I suspect that recording the audio using one software program while capturing your video with another places a heck of a strain on your computer and may be responsible for the problem.

You don't say what the camera is, or what kind of computer hardward and software your're using. Having this information will make it easier for us on the forum to offer suggestions.

Jack

http://www.videoccasions-nw.com

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN