Agreement to use local talents original work

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Agreement to use local talents original work

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I produce a web show and wanted to incorporate some local talent as part of the music for the show.  I have met with the band already and we have a verbal understanding of what we can both do for each other.

For now there is no charge for their music, and I have agreed to promote them on my website and show.  

In the future I will have DVD's for sale and have agreed to pay a percentage of the sales to the band as a royalty.  I was wondering what a fair offering would be?

Participant

Whatever you can get! However, for one of my long time clients, I pay them 50% of the net profit – and we do enough business that this works for both of us, while I have another who does less business, and it's a 70/30 split in his favour. In this case he also pays me 30% of his own direct sales – so it works and we're all happy.

Participant

Eric, get it all in writing.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap