After Effects rotoscoping

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mcrockett

I'm working on a short film.  In this film, unfortunately, I have to do a lot of rotoscoping.  After Effects has a powerfull rotoscoping tool called the rotobrush.  I'm trying to create a mask around my subject, and put him in a different environment.  Without getting too specific into the details as to why, suffice it to say that I can't use a green screen for my certain situation.

Anyway, my problem:  My rotoscope looks great in the RAM preview.  But when I render it, the rotoscope grabs other elements in the shot that are not even part of my subject, things that aren't even touching my subject on the screen. These elements don't show up as part of the rotoscope in the RAM preview.  I'm using After Effects CS 5.5.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, how did you get around it?

Mike

stayce_loe

Maybe your RAM preview is set to skip frames. Or it is running the RAM preview at a different quality setting than you are rendering to. I have also run into a very specific problem to dancers, it seems, that has workarounds that are too detailed to go into, as it is unlikely that is your gig anyway

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Graphics and Visual Effects’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best desktop computers for video editing — 2021

An efficient editing workflow depends on a solid editing system. Here's a look at the best desktop computers for video editing.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN