After Effects rotoscoping

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I'm working on a short film.  In this film, unfortunately, I have to do a lot of rotoscoping.  After Effects has a powerfull rotoscoping tool called the rotobrush.  I'm trying to create a mask around my subject, and put him in a different environment.  Without getting too specific into the details as to why, suffice it to say that I can't use a green screen for my certain situation.

Anyway, my problem:  My rotoscope looks great in the RAM preview.  But when I render it, the rotoscope grabs other elements in the shot that are not even part of my subject, things that aren't even touching my subject on the screen. These elements don't show up as part of the rotoscope in the RAM preview.  I'm using After Effects CS 5.5.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, how did you get around it?

Mike

Maybe your RAM preview is set to skip frames. Or it is running the RAM preview at a different quality setting than you are rendering to. I have also run into a very specific problem to dancers, it seems, that has workarounds that are too detailed to go into, as it is unlikely that is your gig anyway

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap