Advice on projector abilities – Is it HD?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Open Forum Advice on projector abilities – Is it HD?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dagunner
      Participant

I posted this question in another area a few days ago and no one offered any input. I will try it here.

I am producing my annual racing league banquet video and need an opinion on the projector the venue has available. I am using Encore to put the video on Blue-ray.

Here are the resolutions available.

Pixel Number: 1,024,000 dots (1280 x 800)

Aspect Ratio: 16:10

Native Resolution: 1280 x 800 (WXGA)

Resize: 640 x 480 (VGA), 800 x 600 (SVGA), 1024 x 768 (XGA), 1152 x 864 (SXGA), 1280 x 960 (SXGA2), 1280 x 1024 (SXGA3), 1280 x 768 (WXGA60-1), 1360 x 768 (WXGA60-2), 1440 x 900 (WXGA+), 1400 x 1050 (SXGA+), 1600 x 1200 (UXGA), 1680 x 1050 (WSXGA+)

The unit can be seen here:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=V11H335120

I am a bit worried that it might not give me a good HD output.

Any comments would be appreciated. The video is not rendered out yet as I am wondering if I need to do it in a different resolution. I have only a few days until the final rendering to decide.

Thanks for any opinions.

Jeff

Luis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

I'm not too experience with projectors, but what I usually do is select the native resolution of the projector in the computer settings. If you try to scale the resolution (in the the projector) to fit your video it will lose some details. The projector you shown look really good and I believe if you render your video in 1280 x 800  you will get optimal results.

One thing I do know is that some projectors don't process well color corrected videos. Depending on the projector your image could look darker or more brighter than you originally intended. Is difficult to know if this will happen on that projector unless you test it, but just in case maintain your color correction light. Also the computer should be connected via HDMI not VGA in order to get best resolution. If the projector is connected to a DVD player via RCA it will not look at it's full resolution. On the other hand if it's connected to a Blu Ray player via HDMI then it should look best. I prefer to run videos from the computer.

Hope this helps 

dagunner
      Participant

Lomaymi,

Thank you for your reply on this. I will render in the sugested size. The place is in Wisconsid Dells wich is a 3 hour drive from home so I doubt I will drive all the way up to test it out. I will probably render it in 2 or 3 different settings and test it the day of. I will be using a Blur-Ray player via HDMI because I do not want to take my rather expensive computer to the show. The main color correction I am doing is the fast color corrector mostly to get it in broadcast ranges. Only a few clips needed extensive color correction due to yellowish lighting at one particular track because I forgot to set the white bance manually that evening.  

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Open Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN