Advice on online camcorder store

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m new to the forum. My wife and I film hunts and I am looking into getting a different camcorder. I am planning to get the Panasonic ag-ac90, but need some store advice first. I am on a very tight budget and have been looking around and came across NJ Accessories. Has anybody on here ever used NJ Accessories? Great pricing. Just a little confused on something. Reading the reviews on the store most were good, bit one did mention that these are not the American version Panasonic ag-ac90. Will that be a big deal or is it the same thing pretty much? If anyone has used them please give me your feedback on them before I use them. And also again will there be any difference between American version and other versions?
      Thanks so much

Hi jkeith – it sounds like they are selling the "grey market" version of the camera.  That means they are selling a camera manufactured for one of the Asian NTSC markets and selling it in the US.  The camera will work fine, but will not be covered by a Panasonic USA warranty.

At best, the store will offer a sellers' warranty (usually covering parts only).  At worst, you will have to ship the camera back to Japan or Hong Kong for service.

I recommend you spend a little extra money and get the camera with a full 1 year Panasonic parts and service warranty for $1999 from an authorized Panasonic USA dealer such as Amazon or Adorama.  

Good luck and Happy New Year!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

I agree with brunerww, they sound like "grey market" versions of the cameras.  In addition to the sites mentioned in the post above I would add http://www.bhphotovideo.com -BH Photo Video

There's a lot of online store to buy camcorder. It is very efficient nowadays to shop online. am i right?

This is where i usually bought my camcorder:

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.elevenia.co.id">elevenia shop</a>

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock media sites — 2019

If you’ve so far avoided using stock media in your projects because of the stigma it carries in certain filmmaking circles, you’re missing out.
homicide-bootstrap