Advice on online camcorder store

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m new to the forum. My wife and I film hunts and I am looking into getting a different camcorder. I am planning to get the Panasonic ag-ac90, but need some store advice first. I am on a very tight budget and have been looking around and came across NJ Accessories. Has anybody on here ever used NJ Accessories? Great pricing. Just a little confused on something. Reading the reviews on the store most were good, bit one did mention that these are not the American version Panasonic ag-ac90. Will that be a big deal or is it the same thing pretty much? If anyone has used them please give me your feedback on them before I use them. And also again will there be any difference between American version and other versions?
      Thanks so much

Hi jkeith – it sounds like they are selling the "grey market" version of the camera.  That means they are selling a camera manufactured for one of the Asian NTSC markets and selling it in the US.  The camera will work fine, but will not be covered by a Panasonic USA warranty.

At best, the store will offer a sellers' warranty (usually covering parts only).  At worst, you will have to ship the camera back to Japan or Hong Kong for service.

I recommend you spend a little extra money and get the camera with a full 1 year Panasonic parts and service warranty for $1999 from an authorized Panasonic USA dealer such as Amazon or Adorama.  

Good luck and Happy New Year!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

I agree with brunerww, they sound like "grey market" versions of the cameras.  In addition to the sites mentioned in the post above I would add http://www.bhphotovideo.com -BH Photo Video

There's a lot of online store to buy camcorder. It is very efficient nowadays to shop online. am i right?

This is where i usually bought my camcorder:

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.elevenia.co.id">elevenia shop</a>

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap