Advice on Low Cost Dual Wireless Lavalier Mic

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Advice on Low Cost Dual Wireless Lavalier Mic

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello Everyone,

I am working on directing and producing a documentary that will have two on-screen narrators. So I am looking for a dual wireless lavalier mic, with two conditions. First, I am looking for a low-cost solution (Under $350), and also I would prefer one not made in China, as my experience with gear made in China has not been good. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find what I need? Or should I simply use two individual wireless mics and run them through a mixer? Thanks!

Participant

You won't find a dual wireless package in your price range,

You can find what you need at a good pro audio shop and I don't mean a place that rents band PA systems. A good pro audio shop such as Trew Audio, Location Sound and Professional Sound Services will have what you need and the knowledge to get you set up properly.

I'm primarily a shooter/editor but have always believed in getting good audio on my shoots but that means spending some money.

Have you considered renting? You can get a Sennehiser G3 wireless package (what I use and love!!) from Trew Audio for $30 to 50/day, depending on the mic used.  If you plan your shoot, you should be able to cut down on the number of rental days needed. Not only will you have a great mic package, you'll get much better sound than going with an inexpensive wireless mic kit.

Mike

" I am working on directing and producing a documentary that will have two on-screen narrators. So I am looking for a dual wireless lavalier mic, with two conditions. First, I am looking for a low-cost solution (Under $350), and also I would prefer one not made in China,"

Not likely

"  Or should I simply use two individual wireless mics and run them through a mixer? "

This puzzles me . . . . Are looking for a DUAL wireless system with only one audio out to the camera? I can't say I've ever seen such a system. Is there some reason why you can't use a pair of wireless mic systems, each feeding a separate audio channel of your camera, and then mixing them to mono in your editor?

Please let us know what you wind up with and the cost.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap