You're using a beta version of our new web site.

Advice on Low Cost Dual Wireless Lavalier Mic

Home Forums Technique Sound Advice on Low Cost Dual Wireless Lavalier Mic

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rs170a 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

TBuchanan
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

I am working on directing and producing a documentary that will have two on-screen narrators. So I am looking for a dual wireless lavalier mic, with two conditions. First, I am looking for a low-cost solution (Under $350), and also I would prefer one not made in China, as my experience with gear made in China has not been good. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find what I need? Or should I simply use two individual wireless mics and run them through a mixer? Thanks!

rs170a
    Participant

You won't find a dual wireless package in your price range,

You can find what you need at a good pro audio shop and I don't mean a place that rents band PA systems. A good pro audio shop such as Trew Audio, Location Sound and Professional Sound Services will have what you need and the knowledge to get you set up properly.

I'm primarily a shooter/editor but have always believed in getting good audio on my shoots but that means spending some money.

Have you considered renting? You can get a Sennehiser G3 wireless package (what I use and love!!) from Trew Audio for $30 to 50/day, depending on the mic used.  If you plan your shoot, you should be able to cut down on the number of rental days needed. Not only will you have a great mic package, you'll get much better sound than going with an inexpensive wireless mic kit.

Mike

gldnears

" I am working on directing and producing a documentary that will have two on-screen narrators. So I am looking for a dual wireless lavalier mic, with two conditions. First, I am looking for a low-cost solution (Under $350), and also I would prefer one not made in China,"

Not likely

"  Or should I simply use two individual wireless mics and run them through a mixer? "

This puzzles me . . . . Are looking for a DUAL wireless system with only one audio out to the camera? I can't say I've ever seen such a system. Is there some reason why you can't use a pair of wireless mic systems, each feeding a separate audio channel of your camera, and then mixing them to mono in your editor?

Please let us know what you wind up with and the cost.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.