Advice on Camera Purchase

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Currently I am working on the pre-production for 6 month project that will involce heavy travel and a lot of video work. My team is looking for a portable digital camera(we'll be uploading content as we go). We were looking at something like a c100 but purchasing the lenses will hit our budget way too hard. I've heard Sony has some good options that can be an all in one as far as going from wide to zoom and they can take a beating. Our budget for a camera right now is around 5k. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Instead of the 1080p C100, you might want to consider the Ultra High Definition $3995 Super 35mm JVC GY-LS300 bundled with the free ($799 value) Rokinon 24mm T1.5 lens.

It has 4 times the resolution of the C100, in addition to fast autofocus (with Panasonic/Olympus/Sigma MFT system lenses) – something you'd have to pay an extra $500 for with the C100.

Add the 14-42mm and 45-175mm power zoom lenses from Panasonic, and you'll have a 4K Super 35 camera with two autofocusing power zooms and a terrific low light cine lens for less than $5000.

Here is what this camera can do:

Here is a nice overview from Zacuto:

…and a review from Philip Johnston in Scotland:

I have shot with this camera, and it is a very good value for the money.

Hope this is helpful and good luck with the assignment!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap