Advice on camera choice

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi guys  I am looking for a little advice, I hve two cameras a Sony  EA50 and a Sony MC2000e. I have come to the end of the road with the  MC2000e it isnt suitable for what I do for various reasons. I mainly film weddings and im looking a second camera that is great in low light that would compliment my EA50. I have my eye on the Cannon XA20 as I read that is good in low light but im also thinking about another ea50 but id need to change the lens for very low light situations which do occure in some venues, I could fix this with lighting but its not possable in all situations. Is there a lens that would sit on the EA50 that could be used in full auto that would suit my needs? Or should I go for something along the lines of the Cannon? Or perhaps something else?                                                                                         

The XA20 looks like it would be a nice camera.  I've not used it, myself.  Personally, I use a Sony HXR-NX30u.  Based on specs, it is comparable to the XA20, and a little less expensive.  I have been pleased with it in low-light situations.  I use it as one of my cameras when I film live performances.

[QUOTE]Hi guys  I am looking for a little advice, I hve two cameras a Sony  EA50 and a Sony MC2000e. I have come to the end of the road with the  MC2000e it isnt suitable for what I do for various reasons. I mainly film weddings and im looking a second camera that is great in low light that would compliment my EA50. I have my eye on the Cannon XA20 as I read that is good in low light but im also thinking about another ea50 but id need to change the lens for very low light situations which do occure in some venues, I could fix this with lighting but its not possable in all situations. Is there a lens that would sit on the EA50 that could be used in full auto that would suit my needs? Or should I go for something along the lines of the Cannon? Or perhaps something else?[/QUOTE]

Hi wildrose – since you are already familiar with it, my vote would be to get another $2725 (after rebate) Sony NEX-EA50 (only a few dollars more than the $2698 VG30, which has neither a shoulder mount nor professional XLR audio inputs).

There are several fast E mount lenses that can help you with low light situations, such as the:

These two videos were shot with the EA50 and the inexpensive E Mount 50mm f1.8 lens:

MUSIC VIDEO:

INTERVEW (please watch at 1080p):

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap