Administrative

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author

Hopefully the Forum administrators are working on a solution to exclude/block the spam which has been creeping into the list topics?

Big part of the problem is lack of moderator access, so cleanup has been difficult … all up to the head honcho people right now … no volunteer moderation possible. What you're witnessing is stuff that normally would not make it past the first few hours after posting.

Apparently removal of the post as per moderator actions in the previous iteration of the forums is better. Now it looks like though "somebody" is removing the post contents, the headlines remain and there's this STUFF with N/A alongside the forum topic listing. It really SHOULD all be removed as before because this approach seriously clutters the boards.

(This line added as a test. -aclark)

Inactive

This is a test post…

Inactive

You should be able to moderator comments now. Moderating topics is on my todo list.

Appreciate the efforts. Just wondering if at some point moderators will be able to delete the original post and headline, or if N/A by removing all the post content is as good as it gets.

Thanks again,

Earl Chessher

Thanks AClark for getting the Moderating setup back online. Now how do we input profile images and when will the Moderators get their Plus Membership status back?

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

Wolfgang-

Your Plus Membership should be working again. Might need to log out and back in again.

As of 9:30 p.m. Pacific Time, Tuesday, Sept. 25, I, a former moderator with Plus Membership, have NOT been able to delete the entire post OR the initial SPAM post from a, well, SPAM post. I am currently ONLY able to remove any comments but NOT the original post. I cannot access to edit the original post.

And, intermittently (WHERE'S spell check, by the way?) I've been able/unable at the apparent whim of the system, to loggin. Then the next time, after attempting to loggin and participate and not being able to, attempting to loggout, then going elsewhere on the Internet highway and later coming back, find I am NOW logged in.

Another loyal and consistent contributor here, SergeantHero, is also very frustrated, saying on Twitter that the site is NOT as user friendly as once it was.

With the uncontrollable attacks from SPAMMERS with everything from clothing to sports equipment to conversion programs real or perceived, and no effective means for moderating them, and the moderation being half-ASKED to begin with,  this is making for some serious frustration, me thinks.

Earl Chessher

Inactive

Moderators should now see "view" and "edit" tabs at the top of every topic. After clicking on edit you will be given the option of deleting a topic.

RE: SPAM

How many spammy posts or topics are you seeing per day?

We can consider using an anti-SPAM module. I've been looking into Mollom.

"Mollom may block a post outright if it is from a known spammer. If Mollom is unsure how to classify a post, it may require the completion of a CAPTCHA to accept the post. Posts that do not match a "spammy" text pattern and do not originate from known spammers are accepted without the need to complete a CAPTCHA…"

What is frustrating is that the current topic titles list is cluttered with the titles of the banished, no longer available, posts, making it frustrating to have to scroll down the list or even move on to another page to find something active, engaging and interesting … oh, and on topic.

I suppose it all will eventually settle down but I've heard a user refer to the changes as having made the site less user friendly. Does seem, like one other poster remarked, a bit unprofessional for a highly regarded magazine/entity to put up changes that so many of the kinks remained.

What is frustrating is that the current topic titles list is cluttered with the titles of the banished, no longer available, posts, making it frustrating to have to scroll down the list or even move on to another page to find something active, engaging and interesting … oh, and on topic.

I suppose it all will eventually settle down but I've heard a user refer to the changes as having made the site less user friendly. Does seem, like one other poster remarked, a bit unprofessional for a highly regarded magazine/entity to put up changes that so many of the kinks remained.

Participant

I will not be coming to this site for a good while. That is if it ever gets fixed. This site has beed so degrade and became a landing pad for spam and nonsence. Whom ever "upgraded" this site and ran the beta site deserves to see the door.

I will stick to the Youtube tutorials where I know what I get before I click on it.

Participant

Go figure

As of today/tonight full control has been returned to dedicated Videomaker Forums moderators. Thanks aclark/others who have worked to return this function. I was dismayed iniitally when there were NO controls, and even when some control had been returned only to deal with the frustration of the headlines of the deleted topic content remaining to clutter up the topic list.

That's all better now. Hope improvements continue. Meanwhile, Dave, maybe you've just not been onboard long  enough to have expreienced the flood of SPAM crud that occurred while control was minimal following The Change. Now, however, the point is moot as moderators will once again be able to provide a clean slate of appropriate, video-related topics without ads for converters, clothes, car and house loans, etc.

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

aclark, composite1, MikeWilhelm how do you guys have avatars pictures? 

As Earl mentioned I'm not too happy about the changes in the forums, way less user friendly than before. I manage a couple of websites for clients (along with their videos) and can certainly understand the pain of website programming, but please move more resources to fix the forums. You really will not like to lose the contributions from regular forum members because we are increasing the numbers of entries from search engines completly free. A user friendly enviroment is a must for this contribution to happen. 

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Now we are talking. Even change my username from SargeHero to lomaymi. Signatures are back too. Good job.

Moderators still don't have the ability to remove spam posts. 'Lovepeace5480' needs to go….

Hello SargeHero. Go to your profile pages, click on edit, scroll down to the image, select file from your computer source, then go ALLLLLLLLLL the wayyyyyyy down to the bottom and click on SAVE. If all

goes well, your nice, handsome face will once again grace your posts. The upload takes place AFTER

you select a file to upload and hit SAVE. Takes a few seconds.

Also, I've noticed the window for posting comments is overlapped by the boxes and promos at right

making it a bit difficult to determine what's going to WRAP correctly until after you hit save. Needs

fixing.

Good lookin' Avatar, oh, wait, that's YOU! πŸ™‚

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment β€” 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap