Add effects in real time over live recorded footage

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Add effects in real time over live recorded footage

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      rougebeast
      Participant

Hello,

My current project involves adding realtime effects to live footage. It involves face detection and then tying a turban/pagdi around the viewers head in an exhibit in realtime. Can anyone please help me with the software and equipments that can help to meet the requirements. Also I would like to know the procedure how vfx can be added and modified in realtime based on inputs from live  video feed.

I use Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4d and Maya for production purposes.

Thank you.

JackWolcott
      Participant

It's not entirely clear what you're trying to do, but it sounds as though a device such as the Tricaster 40 (http://www.newtek.com/products/tricaster-40.html) might do what you need. If you want to work in real time you're probably going to have to put some kind of effects generator in the work flow. Back in the days of analog video this would have been a Panasonic MX-50; today's equivalent is probably one of the Tricaster devices.

Creekhouse
      Participant

Yeah, it sounds like you are going to need some sort of DVE device (digital video effect).  It is what a lot of television stations use to make graphics and effects you see on the news.  I would search the web for different DVE devices, although I have a feeling most of what you find might be very pricey.  Do a little research and I'm sure you'll find something for the average consumer.

Jon

http://www.creekhouseproductions.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN