Ability to communicate

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I realize that English may not be a " first language " for a number of folks posting to the Videomaker Forums . . . . but there seem to be a large number of postings which border on the illiterate! Mis-spellings can be tolerated because there is no spell check feature here, but gross gramatical and structural errors surely are a sign of the inability for one to organize their thoughts and express themselves. Presumably, this would likely carry over to the process of video-making and/or the ability to communicate with prospective clients. Video making is the art of communicating thoughts, ideas, emotions, etc. If one can't write a coherent paragraph, how can they hope to communicate thoughts, ideas, emotions, etc, to a prospective client or to an audience?

Rick Crampton

Participant

u maek a poin that be good.   ef  kannt make goud kammuecate they kant have hep from forim peeples.

Rick you  have a critical eye.  Do you have time to check my post asking for a critique of my silly video.  The post is "Could Use Critique, Please."

Of course you may not have time, but I have only one response. So I ask.

Thank you

Barry 

Indubitably 

I see your point however I disagree. Just because someone is good at one thing or another (or bad at) doesn't mean that will translate into something else. For example if an artist is really really bad at sculpting that doesn't mean he is a terrible artist; it simply means he should focus on what he really enjoys and is good at. If you hadn't noticed I am bad at writing I will be the first to admit it, But I am gifted in other forms of communication. However for those of us who are bad this is not an easy out, your customers will use every chance they can to gauge your ability. So do your best at whatever your doing.

Participant

You make a good point.  It is always important to try to improve one's communication skills.  I am not a English Major, but your writing makes your point clearly.  

In the forums the better your written english the easier it is to get help.

I have often helped people who are from other countries who do not write great english.  But are still very impressive, writing in a second language.  Sometimes I have to get them to clarify or say I assume your problem is this….  and give an answer.

But one could be able to write a good screenplay but not a novel.  They are differerent forms of storytelling.

Anyways I didn't start the topic but wanted to let you know someone's lisitening.

Barry

Thanks Barry =)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap