A simple question about windows movie maker

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      lunanews

I need to show a Doc file in my movie.
      so I have to save it as a picture file first.

I need the video to show the Doc file(the image) from top to down.
      in the first 2 seconds, its shows the first paragraph.
      in 3rd and 4th seconds, it shows the second paragraph.
      in 5th and 6th seconds, it shows the third paragraph.
      ….
      How to do it?

I do not want to create 3 separated image files.

rs170a
      Participant

I haven’t used WMM in a very long time but I don’t think it can can do a “tilt down” on a still image so you’re going to have to use a series of still images. If you have Photoshop, save the Doc file as a PDF and bring that into Photoshop. Then split it into 3 separate images and save them. PNG is my preferred format but JPEG might be easier for WMM to work with.

Mike

hagan8
      Participant

You can use the method Mike described, but change it into a single image. You should then be able to use Windows Movie Maker’s “Pan and Zoom” effect which is under the Animations tab. It might take a bit of trial and error to get the timing right. If you don’t have Photoshop, the extraction from PDF can be done in the (much cheaper) Photoshop Elements. Or alternatively, at a push, you could do a screen grab of your PDF, though the resolution won’t be as good.

rs170a
      Participant

hagan8, thanks for your comment. As I said I haven’t used WMM in a very long time so I had no idea about the “Pan and Zoom” effect. Hopefully this helps the OP.

Mike

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN