Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › DIY › 8mm to Digital
- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous.
- April 25, 2014 at 5:49 PM #76151AnonymousInactive
Hello, I had a question I am sure has been asked by am unable to find an answer.
I am trying to transfer 8mm and Super 8 film to Digital. I am using what I have read is the "amateur" method. One of the issues is frame rates causing scrolling. Which appears to be a regular issue.
Equipment I currently have to do this with.
* Bell and Howell Super 8mm Projector
* DHC converter
* JVC Full HD Digital Video Camera
* Adobe Premiere Elements
* All proper cabling
Everything is set up, I was able to get the film images clear and can do any cleanup. What I cannot do is get the scrolling out.
I have read that keeping the Digital Video Cam 36 inches away from the screen of the DHC would prevent it from picking up scrolling. However, that isnt working.
Do I have any options with this equipment short of going out and buying a $3000 converter?
Thanks in advance
- April 26, 2014 at 9:44 AM #210302designcbtsParticipant
Is your camcorder able to capture @ 24fps? This might alleviate some or all of the scroll. I'm glad you brought this up. I have some footage I was going to attempt the same thing.
There is a company, Scandigital, that does this for a fee.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.