8mm to Digital

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello, I had a question I am sure has been asked by am unable to find an answer.

I am trying to transfer 8mm and Super 8 film to Digital. I am using what I have read is the "amateur" method. One of the issues is frame rates causing scrolling. Which appears to be a regular issue.

Equipment I currently have to do this with.

* Bell and Howell Super 8mm Projector

* DHC converter

* JVC Full HD Digital Video Camera

* Adobe Premiere Elements

* All proper cabling

Everything is set up, I was able to get the film images clear and can do any cleanup. What I cannot do is get the scrolling out.

I have read that keeping the Digital Video Cam 36 inches away from the screen of the DHC would prevent it from picking up scrolling. However, that isnt working. 

Do I have any options with this equipment short of going out and buying a $3000 converter?

Thanks in advance

J

Participant

Is your camcorder able to capture @ 24fps?  This might alleviate some or all of the scroll.  I'm glad you brought this up.  I have some footage I was going to attempt the same thing.

There is a company, Scandigital, that does this for a fee.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap