Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › DSLR’s › 60fps in 24fps timeline
- July 11, 2017 at 1:37 PM #95021melvinbrinsonMember
I know a guy who shoots his videos in 60fps. He says he uses them to edit in a 24fps timeline as he occasionally uses slow motion. Iâ€™ve seen him edit before and the footage in the timeline looks 24fps but when Iâ€™m home and drag a 60fps clip in a 24fps timeline it looks slow motioned always.
Is there something Iâ€™m missing? Is there a simple way to edit 60fps clips in a 24fps timeline where it doesnâ€™t look slow motioned? Can I have it always look 24fps without it being slow motioned?
I donâ€™t recall him changing speed/duration on each clip or doing anything to each clip.
Thanks in advance!
- July 14, 2017 at 5:29 AM #215822RostMember
I have the same doubt.
- July 17, 2017 at 8:26 AM #215833rs170aParticipant
What editing software are you using?
I use Vegas Pro, drop anything on my timeline and it plays as expected.
If it’s a 24fps timeline and I drop 60fps footage on it, it doesn’t slow down until I make it slow down.
- September 4, 2017 at 7:37 AM #216084
- September 4, 2017 at 9:20 AM #216086paulearsParticipant
I have Premiere, I just tried a 1080p 60fps clip and a 24fps clip on a 60fps sequence and the same clips on a 24fps sequence. Premiere asks if you wish to change the sequence settings, or leave them as they are. I told it to leave them. Both clips retain their normal speed and clip length.
- August 28, 2017 at 12:28 PM #216061
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.