60fps in 24fps timeline

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hey all,

I know a guy who shoots his videos in 60fps. He says he uses them to edit in a 24fps timeline as he occasionally uses slow motion. I’ve seen him edit before and the footage in the timeline looks 24fps but when I’m home and drag a 60fps clip in a 24fps timeline it looks slow motioned always.

Is there something I’m missing? Is there a simple way to edit 60fps clips in a 24fps timeline where it doesn’t look slow motioned? Can I have it always look 24fps without it being slow motioned?

I don’t recall him changing speed/duration on each clip or doing anything to each clip.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same doubt.

Participant

What editing software are you using?
      I use Vegas Pro, drop anything on my timeline and it plays as expected.
      If it’s a 24fps timeline and I drop 60fps footage on it, it doesn’t slow down until I make it slow down.

Mike

Participant

Sorry melvinbrinson but I’ve never used Premiere Pro. Maybe a forum specific to that software would be of more help.

Mike

Participant

I have Premiere, I just tried a 1080p 60fps clip and a 24fps clip on a 60fps sequence and the same clips on a 24fps sequence. Premiere asks if you wish to change the sequence settings, or leave them as they are. I told it to leave them. Both clips retain their normal speed and clip length.

Hello Mike,

Sorry for the delayed response. I’m using Premiere Pro CC

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap