You're using a beta version of our new web site.

60fps in 24fps timeline

Home Forums Cameras and Camcorders DSLR’s 60fps in 24fps timeline

This topic contains 1 reply, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rost 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Hey all,

I know a guy who shoots his videos in 60fps. He says he uses them to edit in a 24fps timeline as he occasionally uses slow motion. I’ve seen him edit before and the footage in the timeline looks 24fps but when I’m home and drag a 60fps clip in a 24fps timeline it looks slow motioned always.

Is there something I’m missing? Is there a simple way to edit 60fps clips in a 24fps timeline where it doesn’t look slow motioned? Can I have it always look 24fps without it being slow motioned?

I don’t recall him changing speed/duration on each clip or doing anything to each clip.

Thanks in advance!

Rost

I have the same doubt.

rs170a
    Participant

What editing software are you using?
    I use Vegas Pro, drop anything on my timeline and it plays as expected.
    If it’s a 24fps timeline and I drop 60fps footage on it, it doesn’t slow down until I make it slow down.

Mike

rs170a
    Participant

Sorry melvinbrinson but I’ve never used Premiere Pro. Maybe a forum specific to that software would be of more help.

Mike

paulears
    Participant

I have Premiere, I just tried a 1080p 60fps clip and a 24fps clip on a 60fps sequence and the same clips on a 24fps sequence. Premiere asks if you wish to change the sequence settings, or leave them as they are. I told it to leave them. Both clips retain their normal speed and clip length.

Hello Mike,

Sorry for the delayed response. I’m using Premiere Pro CC

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.