5D III or D800?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

So the infamous question which is better for video? Im looking to buy a high end dslr. Ive been a nikon guy ever aince i started filming. My friends got a D800 and im pretty aware of what its capable. Recently i dont know why but im really leaning more towards the 5D.as far as i know canon is a low light monster, which would be great for me as a lot of the time i shoot in low light, yet nikon is known to produce a sharper image with those 36 megapixels.

These are fairly shallow points, so my question is has anyone worked with both 5D III and D800, amd if yes what was your fav and why?

Thanks in advance!

Hi siemajasiuu – if you want a low light full frame camera, you don't want either of these cameras.  You can save yourself some money and get better low light performance with a $2498 Sony A7s.

Here is what this camera can do in low light:

Unlike the D800 and 5D Mark III, the Sony has a viewfinder that works while you're recording video.  It also records at 1080/60p and 720/120p for in camera slow motion – something neither the Nikon or Canon can do.

The Sony is a much better choice for video.

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap