3D Camcorder Output – Horizontal Squash

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing 3D Camcorder Output – Horizontal Squash

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      nmodels

Hello, forum-goers. This seems like a great place to get some help. If you’re willing, of course.

I recently launched a site that hosts streaming video. We’re researching 3D content, so I bought a JVC Everio GS‑TD1 for testing. Got it off of Ebay from Japan for cheap.

I’m having issues with playback and editing. Camera outputs a side by side MTS file. AVCHD as far as I know. On Windows 8.1 in Windows Media Player, I get two side by side frames. Normal. If I play the same video in VLC, the side by side frames are squashed into what seems a 1920×1080 resolution.

What’s worse… if I do ANY post work, the resulting video doesn’t look right in anything. I’m curious as to what workflow I need to make these videos look right.
      http://imgur.com/ZdOkIju

Much appreciated,
      Chuck

cfxcorp
      Participant

Just curious, is your camera set for NTSC or PAL?

cfxcorp
      Participant

What video editor are you using? Probably a CODEC issue.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN