2 hard questions about this video: Could you use Vegas Pro to make this video?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing 2 hard questions about this video: Could you use Vegas Pro to make this video?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

In the video linked below, you will see a an animated figure that is the subject of this post. It's entire body is blue, it has white teeth, two arms, two legs and white eyes. I'm new to video editing, and for several weeks I've been wondering about a wonderful video like this one, a video that has this type of animated charachter (I'll call the character I'm referring to "Blue Guy"). This is what I've been wondering:

1) Could you create Blue Guy with Vegas Pro? Or would you need to use another editing program like Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or Avid Media Composer in order to create Blue Guy?

2) What is the technique called that the video editor used to create Blue Guy? In other words, what 2, 3, or 4 keywords would you type into Google in order to find videos, tutorials and information that would teach a newbie how to make Blue Guy.

I've watched a lot of Vegas tutorials at Youtube. Odd, none of them show you how to make something like Blue Guy. I wonder why that is. A Vegas tutorial that shows you how to make a Blue Guy would get a ton of hits! A big thanks in advance on shedding light on how someone could go about of making an animated figure like Blue Guy.

http://fiverr.com/digitaldirector/edit-your-4-minute-or-less-video

Participant

When I click on your link, it brings me to the guy's main page. I'm guessing that the video you're referring to is on that site somewhere but there were several links and I had no desire to click on each one to find it. If you could be more specific about what it is or what it's called, I can try to help.

Mike

Participant

Sorry for the mix-up. But it appears Blue Guy is gone. The video editor switched videos and replaced the video that Blue Guy  was in with a completely different video. Blue Guy is gone, but the new video has an animated character in it too. Instead of Blue Guy there's an animated robot in the new video. The robot has a number on it. That number is 06. You'll see that number is at the bottom of the robot. In the new video you'll see that the animated robot appears at the 8s mark and runs to the 25s mark. Sorry for the confusion, but that's the Internet for you, it can be pretty fluid at times πŸ™‚

Animated robot: http://fiverr.com/digitaldirector/edit-your-4-minute-or-less-video

Participant

I'm guessing that you're the same guy that posted this question on the Creative Cow forum in which case you got your answer.

The robot was definitely done in a 3D program such as Maya or Lightwave as Vegas does not have those capabilities.

Mike

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video β€” 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap