1st HD Camcorder Buy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hey folks. Wilson here. I'm looking to get my first HD camcorder and throw away my old sony DV tape corder.
      I've always stuck with sony for AV stuff and i've been looking at the Sony HDR-CX250E. But i've been reading some reviews and they have steered me towards the panasonic x800.
      The panasonic is more expensive but has a 5point giro for image stability, also has 3 CMOS sensors compaired to sony's 1.

I am not interested in 3d, and the camera will be used for holidays and trips out.
      Is it worth the extra money and go for the panasonic, or will the sony be fine for what i want to use it for. I dont mind spending the extra money for quality/features, but not if i'm not likely to use them.

Your help, views, and boo's are greatly appreciated.

Wilson

I would spend a little bit more money, 1500$ and buy a DSLR camera that records amazing quality video that will blow that away

like the Canon EOS 60D, which is 999$ for body only, for about another 400 you could get like 2 lenses and a tripod and bag for it

the image quality of eos 60D would blow the panasonic x800 out of the water, and it takes awesome 18 megapixel stills, the image quality really would be a whole different world

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap