$100 Professional Camcorder

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I need to know if there are any $100 professional Camcorders out there because I’m starting a movie company and I do not have that much money, I just don’t want it from EBay. If you do know and you comment you are a legend

I may be stepping out on a cracked limb here, but I don’t even know of any $100 consumer camcorders out there say nothing about Pro stuff, unless, of course you want to get some old tech 4:3 stuff. And if you do find something for $100, I would be interested in seeing your end product. If you are that strapped for cash, try your Iphone, or some reasonable facsimile, and some freebee editing software and you might be able to pull it off. I have seen some neat 3D stuff done with two androids mounted on a bracket side by side you may be able to do something with. And don’t be afraid of ebay, there are some pretty good deals and most of the sellers are easy to get along with. I got a nice Zeiss 180 mm lens for $225 plus a lot of other really nice pieces at a fraction of original cost. Be brave and of good cheer.

Participant

Sean Baker’s “Tangerine” was shot using an iPhone 5; other films have been shot using a Go Pro or similar device. So it can be argued that a “professional” camera is a camera being used by a professional, even thought it is thought of as a “consumer” camera. On the other hand, “professional” cameras — that is, video cameras typically used by professional videographers and thought of as appropriate for film/video work — typically start at a cost of around $1500 and can exceed 10 to 15 thousand.
      If I were you, with the dream of starting a “movie company,” I’d save a bit more and buy a high-end consumer camera, which could serve you very well in the early stages of your business.

The closest camera’s that might be remotely close to your price point would be most of the Vixia HF Series camcorders. I recently saw one of my favorites (HF-S200) for sale for 200.00 dollars. Full HD at a budget price. Good luck!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap