ZR900 external mic problem

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, im currently having a hard time finding a mic that actually works on the ZR900.

the problem, as far as i have been able to investigate, is the type of microphone, for example, if i connect a “normal” lapel microphone, it just doesnt record a thing, i think its because its a quartz crystal microphone.

i thought that the plug in the camera was broken or something, but if i record from a “powered” source, such as an ipod or such, it records great. i found that if i record from a pair of headphones (yes, thats not a mistake, i connected headphones) the soundis also great, and that makes me think that a diaphragm mic would do the trick… but im still yet to find a mic that works…

any suggestions? thnx a lot!

Rob
      Participant

I’m confused. What do you mean “record from a powered source”? Something like an ipod wouldn’t connect to a camera with the same connection as a mic. Are you connecting your mic into the right port? I’m guessing you’re an average Joe with an average camera, so you should be looking for an 1/8″ mic jack. Some consumers cameras don’t even have that though….

Rob
      Participant

So…I just checked out your camera at B&H. You should be connecting a mic that uses an 1/8″ jack. Plug that into your mic input, which is the red hole on the left side of your camera…near the LCD…incase you didn’t notice it there….

Good Luck

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN