ZR900 external mic problem

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi, im currently having a hard time finding a mic that actually works on the ZR900.

the problem, as far as i have been able to investigate, is the type of microphone, for example, if i connect a “normal” lapel microphone, it just doesnt record a thing, i think its because its a quartz crystal microphone.

i thought that the plug in the camera was broken or something, but if i record from a “powered” source, such as an ipod or such, it records great. i found that if i record from a pair of headphones (yes, thats not a mistake, i connected headphones) the soundis also great, and that makes me think that a diaphragm mic would do the trick… but im still yet to find a mic that works…

any suggestions? thnx a lot!

Participant

I’m confused. What do you mean “record from a powered source”? Something like an ipod wouldn’t connect to a camera with the same connection as a mic. Are you connecting your mic into the right port? I’m guessing you’re an average Joe with an average camera, so you should be looking for an 1/8″ mic jack. Some consumers cameras don’t even have that though….

Participant

So…I just checked out your camera at B&H. You should be connecting a mic that uses an 1/8″ jack. Plug that into your mic input, which is the red hole on the left side of your camera…near the LCD…incase you didn’t notice it there….

Good Luck

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap