ZR 960 – monitor audio while recording

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I just procured a ZR 960 and have an external microphone plugged into the mic jack. I want to monitor the audio using the AV out, but I get lots of buzzing as the camera doesn’t know that I want stereo audio. I can’t find the option in the menu to toggle the sound to stereo, although the option exists in other Canon camcorders. Any recommendations?

Jeffrey

Participant

Hi,
      That’s the camera I want to buy for webcasting and sound is important so your question interests me. Maybe stereo is simply not an option. You’re using the 1/8″ inch mic jack and tranferring to XLR ?

Participant

This may be a matter of adjusting the plug right, as the standard A/V Output jack consists of three channels (audio left, audio right, and video). On my camcorder, it seems that when I plug-in headphones and pull the plug back a certain amount, I am able to hear both left and right audio channels with no added hiss or buzz. If the same goes with your camcorder, it may simply be a matter of finding the sweetspot.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap