Zoom problems GL2

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I shoot legal videos with my GL2. My Zoom grip just stopped working during my shoot today. My Zoom handle also stopped working. AND, during recording, the zoom automatically went wide and I couldn’t adjust. Anyone have any ideas?

Inactive

Have you checked it since the shoot? I am thinling you could have had some infrared source messing with the camera. If it still doesn’t work, email Canon tech support for ideas. It may have failed, but eliminate all possible variables first.

Participant

I have checked it and it still doesn’t work. I will go into menu-camera set-up and set my zoom speed and I can get the Zoom handle to work sometimes but the zoom grip is dead. Just checked it this morning and both are not working.

Participant

I have checked it and it still doesn’t work. I will go into menu-camera set-up and set my zoom speed and I can get the Zoom handle to work sometimes but the zoom grip is dead. Just checked it this morning and both are not working.

Inactive

Will it zoom with the remote?

Inactive

Also check to see if the lock is off. I just got mine, and nothing on the grip would work until I turned the lock off.

Inactive

Hi,

I just experienced the same problem. During a shoot my zoom just started zooming by itself.

Then I couldn’t get it to zoom out, then when it did it just didn’t do anything. I had to send it in to Canon,

it was my GL2. Now $252 later it’s working fine. The reason was vague. They said the internal component was inoperative. So they replaced it.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The Best Video Editing Software

The best video editing software — 2020

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap