Z5U Training

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Does anyone know where I could go or order training for this camera. Our church recently upgraded to 2 of these dameras and I will need some additonal training on the use of them.

Tks,

Jeff

RockyRocky
      Participant

As I understand the situation the Sony Z5 which Iown & the Z7 are identical except for the lens. I purchased a training DVD, Mastering the Sony HVR-Z7U, presented by Doug Jensen for US$75 through e-bay.It was worth the money.

Regards Rocky

Participant

Yes, I second that. Doug Jensen’s DVD was extremely helpful when I first started working with the Z5. Doesn’t go into a lot of detail, though, e.g. Picture Profile. Awhile ago I read in this forum something about a VASS instructional dvd. Anyone familiar with that program?

Thanks

Participant

I have both DVDs – they are more complete used together, but both are missing points. I believe the VASS one went into a bit of the picture profiling – but most of that stuff can be done in post anyway where you have a bit more control. The profiles are mostly personal preference anyway, and the end result depends on YOU if you just want to dig in and change settings around to see what they do. Personally I mainly use the preset PP5 or PP6 as they provide deeper blacks off the bat and the overall picture still looks great. Again this is personal preference and everyone is different.

Inactive

Anyone know where I can find the VASS dvd? I ordered the Vortex set today.

Happy Camming!

Jeff

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap