Yulelads don’t Lie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m making a seperate topic for this short film because it is very special to me.

Made with a Sony VX-1000e and a cheap but decent JVC mic (after the Sennheizer one failed).

A year and a half ago, I met the two actors who I made the Brokeback Mountain spoof with and we threw around some ideas. We settled on this idea and I wrote the script and set up the shooting. The idea was to have it ready for The Reykjavk Film Festival three weeks later. While we were all pretty unprepared script-wise (we read most of our lines from a piece of paper held in front of our faces) there was no time to get a full reshoot (the shot took about five hours) and I really wanted to make the festival. Even with key frames set up wrongly (I was stupid enough to get them to set up the camera a couple of times without checking the image myself… Not that they were doing anything wrong, just not exactly what I wanted) and some others missing (in case you are wondering about the quick cuts and rock music when the shrink first meets the Yulelad) I edited the film and sent it. After getting permission for the music from a local band, it seemed even pretty decent and I still think it’s not bad, but the feedback I’ve got for this short film has mostly been bad. In case you are interested, I’m the third actor which appears.

So I present it once more in hopes of feedback… Don’t worry I can take anything so feel free to say what’s on your mind.

Read the description for a further explaination on Yulelads.

Sverrir

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vJ9sKf6sOs

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLfBk1Srsfw

Please notice that there are two parts to the film, but feel free to only watch the first one if you are too bored 😉

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
homicide-bootstrap