Youtube Help

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi guys I just uploaded a video to youtube hoping to share it with some fellow African nature enthusiasts. But… I get the video uploaded and it is far from the full 1080 30p that plays back on my computer. In fact it doesnt play back correctly. I never had this problem with Pinnacle.

I rendered it as wmv 8 mpbs HD 1080 30p for those of you wondering. I tried to the upload to youtube direct feature with no better luck.

Thanks in advance!

<iframe src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/JdA_q8AkaMc&#8221; frameborder=”0″ height=”315″ width=”560″></iframe>

Participant

Try rendering as an AVCHD file – or even a .mxf file if your NLE supports it. WMV is not really a great codec to work with for YouTube as the re-compression can do nasty things to your video.

Participant

Oh yeah and I used Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0v For some reason the embedded code isnt working (at least not on my computer). This is the link

Participant

Ok. The web is slow where I am right now so I decided to use a compressed format so it for sure uploads!! Thanks for the tip. I will try it in AVCHD.

Participant

Does look a little funky, you may want to use the H-264 format as YouTube works well with it.

Participant

I get good YouTube results with these settings:

HD – Main Concept MP4, 1080p, variable bit rate – max 14,000,000, average 4,000,000, video rendering quality = Best.

SD – Main Concept MP4, 480p, variable bit rate – max 10,000,000, average 4,000,000, video rendering quality = Best.

Best way to get your desired results is play with the settings until you get a video that looks really good on your PC, then upload that to YouTube and see how you like it there.

BTW – Main Concept uses H.264 compression.

Participant

I always have good luck on Sony Vegas encoding as Main Concept HD MPEG2 before uploading to YouTube

-Wayne-

Participant

Thanks guys!! I will try those.

Participant

You might want to try this one also. I use this one more and more.

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/rWMX5lSvEgY&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap