Your advice would be greatly appreciated was leaning toward

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Other Camcorders Your advice would be greatly appreciated was leaning toward

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello All,
      I’m new to the forums. However I’m soooooo happy I stumbled across them. It’s great to be able to talk to people who are like minded when it comes to the love of video.

I’m starting a video production business in the near future. I would like to do weddings, family reunions, training videos in addition to filming church services. After a while I’m hoping to produce my own show. I say all that because I’ve noticed when others ask for advice the first question is always…What are you gonna use it for??? ha ha ha X-D

Anywho I had my heart set on the gl2 but after reading all the posts I’m seriously thinking about the vx2100. However I’m not sure if I can afford it. I have 5200 to spend. BUT I also need a new PC and I’m buying the Avid Xpres Pro software. I also need a tripod and mics so I’m trying to figure out how to stretch my dollars.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks All!!!

Participant

Look into the Sony FX1. HD is where everything is headed so make the investment. I just read in the paper where Circuit City just posted huge profits thanks to sales of HDTV’s. A friend of mine who works at Best Buy told me there’s 100% mark up.

Inactive

Careful though, the FX1 performs worse than it’s "little" brother, VX2100, in low light.

Participant

My advice is — whatever Hank (compusolver) says – follow it. πŸ™‚

Don’t scrimp on the camera — the vx2100 is your best bet. Next, I would get good audio, tripod and light. Plus, there is a lot of professional value when it comes to the look of the camera – the gl2 looks more like a consumer camera than the more professional looking vx2100.

You can save a lot of money by looking at a different software package. Nothing against Avid, but that software is 1,400. You can do great stuff with a software package like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere for less than half that.

You can always upgrade your computer/software later when you start making some money.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors β€” 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap