yet another camera question

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

to start with let me say that the main thing i am looking for is a camera that is great at shooting sports. i am planning on producing a “game of the week” type show for the internet/dvd/maybe tv for a youth football conference i coach in. i have a consumer grade camera, but quickly realized how limited i was when my friend’s band wanted me to record a show they were playing.

i was looking at the sony a1u. from a price vs features standpoint it has most if not all of what i need, but i am concerned about it’s low light sensitivity. some games will be at night, under the lights. a lot of bands play in low light locations, and i have some other stuff i want to do that may happen at night or in some other low light situations.

will the camera be ok in these conditions? am i missing something with the cmos sensors and light sensitivity? i need to make a purchase soon so i can familiarize myself with the camera before it’s showtime.

Inactive

As a canon fan I have to say that if for nothing else, Sony is the best camera (for the price) in lowlight conditions. I looked at the A1u for a while and the only thing that I wasn’t crazy about was it’s size. It seemed to me to be a glorified (or upgraded, however you want to look at it) handycam. I do a lot of events and interviews so stability is a concern for me, but I don’t think it will be as much for you based on what you have said you need it for. You might try laying down the cash for it through a company that alows returns and just play around with it for a few days to see if it will suit your needs, and if not you can always send it back having a better understanding for what will best accomodate you.

Hope this helps

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap