xlr adapter for sony intelligent shoe

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound xlr adapter for sony intelligent shoe

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

ive looked every where, any idea where i can get one? i have no mic input on my new handicam and would like one.

Inactive

What camera do you have? (Make/model)

RAM

Participant

sony
      DCR-HC96

Inactive

squeeks,

Sometimes, even though a camera has a hot shoe, it doesn’t mean that they will support everything that there is such as an XLR adapter. I took a few minutes and did some digging and I did not find… nor did it say that the DCR-HC96 supports a XLR adapter. It does support a few of Sony’s shotgun stereo mics and flash units but that’s it.

All is not lost though, there is a company called BeachTek that make XLR adapters that will except XLR connectors. You plug the XLR mics into that unit and from that unit there is a plug that you just plug into your 1/8 pin mic input. See link below:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=136397&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

RAM

Participant

thats what i thought, i might get one of the 3 chip 1/6’ccd pannys that do have a 1/8" mic input.

Inactive

compusolver

RAM – that model doesn’t have a mic input.

I think he’s stuck with the proprietary Sony mics for intelligent hot shoes.

:-// OUCH! I actually assumed that for a camera that runs around $700.00 that there would be a mic input.

Sorry about that!

Well "squeeks" like my man said, the only option other then the onboard mic would be the attachable Sony mini shot guns.

RAM

Participant

yeah i have one of those its worse than the onboard mic, even the 1400 dollar sony HD dosent have one

Participant

That’s odd – I have a two year old, $500 HC40 and it has a mini Mic input jack.

Participant

yeah my 6 year old 310 digital8 has headphone and mic input, but recently sony has decided to remove it from all of their consumer products, so has pretty much everyone else cept panny

Participant

Squeeks, what kind of mic do you have for your HC96? There are two that I know of:

ECM-HGZ1 Shotgun Microphone

ECMHST1 Stereo Microphone

I bought the stero mic and both are being delivered today. I didn’t realize how important a mic and headphone jack were until AFTER I ordered these items. Do you like the camera? Pluses? Minuses?

Inactive

yeah i have one of those its worse than the onboard mic, even the 1400 dollar sony HD dosent have one

I’ve got the HDR-SR1 and it has the 1/8" mic input. I am looking at getting a beachtek xlr adapter. Is it worth it to get the phantom power?

I have one of those shotgun mics from sony. I agree the onboard is better in most cases. Less noise!

Participant

b&h photo has a $20 attachment that works great. VMC-K100

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap