XLR adapter

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I was looking at XLR adapters I know that Beachtec is one you always hear about but I saw on the B&H website the Rolls MX36 Cam 2 channel mixer which has a lot of features for it’s $159 price including on board phantom power. Unfortunately there were no reviews of the product. I was wondering if anyone has used their products before.

Thanks

I assume you are looking for an on camera adaptor, although i have no experience with that model, i would still recommend that you look into a sound mixer. As an example this Makie has 8 inputs and is 199$

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/539532-REG/Mackie_802_VLZ3_802_VLZ3_8_Channel_Compact_Audio.html

You can output to a Zoom and/or camera… Much more versatile. I have 2 of the 8 channels + a 16 channel…

Robert

Participant

Thanks, I already have a mixer. Looking for something portable to adapt mics to my camera.

Participant

I’m confused: you say you already have a mixer yet the device you have in mind is described as a mixer! Maybe it will do whatever it is you need done. It doesn’t appear to be camera mountable, however, so I’m not sure how you would use it in the field.

The Beachtec unit is tried and true and I think you’ll have to go a long way to find something better.

Jack

Participant

Jack

Maybe I’m confused. At the B&H website this unit was in the mix with the Beachtek. It will run off battery, it’s small and portable, not sure about mounting. But you have to spend quite a bit more on Beachtek to get phantom power.

So I just wondered if any one has experience with this brand.

Cville – You’re not confused. The MX36 is small enough to serve as both a mixer and an XLR adapter in the field.

I had the same problem. I was looking for a way to adapt a phantom powered mic with an XLR jack to a camera with a 3.5mm mic input. The JuicedLink and BeachTek solutions were $300-$400, so I looked at the Rolls products and was just about to pull the trigger on the $100 Rolls MX34b when the Tascam DR-40 came out – a 4 track pro field recorder with phantom powered XLR inputs for $150. It needs a $27 Sescom attenuating cable to match the recorder’s output to your camera’s input, but for about $177, you get a powered XLR to 3.5mm adapter with a pro field recorder ‘thrown in’ πŸ™‚

Good luck,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

Bill

Thanks for the input. I’ll look at that. It was not on my radar since I all ready have a couple of the older zoom h2 recorders.

Tony

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available β€” 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap