XLH1 advice

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m considering purchasing a camera for filming wildlife, and I am wondering if anyone with experience with the XLH1 could mention a few of the good and bad things about the camcorder. It is appealing with a 20x zoom, possibilities for high quality (?) Canon teleconverters, interchangeable lenses, etc. Just wondering about picture quality, colors, depth of field, image stabilization, and anything else worth note. Thanks. – Jon

Participant

If you get one of these adapters for the 1/3” chip, you can add a 35mm lens to the front of your camera. This will not give you a shallower DoF, but it will give you magnification. The reason it gives you magnification is because you are putting a 35mm lens in front of only a 1/3″ sensor.

http://www.mtfservices.com/

Inactive

What about image quality and colors? How does the XLH1 compare to other professional HD camcorders?

Participant

i dunno. I don’t have one. I know it records HDV, and HDV blows in my opinion. Why would you want video that is so compressed? DVCProHD and AVC-Intra are good codecs.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap