XL2 and Wireless Mic Problem!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a Canon XL2 with an Audio Technica wireless lapel mic system (with transmitter and receiver). I’m trying to get the camera to recognize the audio coming in from the wireless, but it’s not working. If I switch Audio Input 1 to front mic and Input 2 to Rear (the receiver plugs in with an XLR adapter), then only the front mic will be recorded. If I put Input 1 to Rear as well as Input 2, then the wireless is recorded. I can’t seem to record both front mic and wireless mic at the same time; the camera only records the front mic when I try to record both. Has anyone run across this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

I have already changed the Audio settings in the menu to all channels 12 bit.

Inactive

What happens if 2 is front and 1 is rear?

Inactive

There’s no Front Mic option for Input 2, unfortunately. Input 2 can switch among: Shoe, Audio 2, and Rear (Audio 2 being the A/V cables used to hook up VCR’s and TV’s, etc.). I can’t seem to get this darned issue solved! How is it that everyone else’s wireless system is working fine with their XL2, but mine is giving me so much trouble? Ahhh!

Inactive

Well, it sounds like channel 2 isn’t recording then. Are there independent level controls for each track? Have you tested the audio outputs to a speaker system or TV from each output individually? Maybe it is your current monitoring method that makes it seem as if only one track is being recorded (and in reality, both are but only one is playing back through your monitor).

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap