XL1s or GL2

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

EASY!!!!

XL1s

Minimum illumination is 2 lux whereas the gl2 is near 6 lux.

I have edited low light footage from an XL1s and was suprised to see a clean shadow detail without the graininess that you would expect. It has an impoved noise level of 4dB over it’s predecessor.

Overall it is just a better camera than the Gl2.

However, anyone will tell you that Sony cameras have always preformed the best in low light. I’m not saying that Sony’s are better or worse overall, I’m just letting you know that if a majority of your shots are in extreme low light, you will not be dissapointed.

Best Regards,

Corey

Participant

Hello Everyone,

I’ve narrowed my choices down to two used cameras. The Canon GL2 or the Canon XL1S. Which one performs better overall, in lowlight e.c.t…

EDIT: The faster the better because I am going away on holidays soon.

Thanks for your help,
      Brenden

Participant

Yes, Sony for low light. Hands down. Don’t go for good looks and popularity, go for performance.

Participant

Coreece Wrote:

EASY!!!!

XL1s

Minimum illumination is 2 lux whereas the gl2 is near 6 lux.

I have edited low light footage from an XL1s and was suprised to see a clean shadow detail without the graininess that you would expect. It has an impoved noise level of 4dB over it’s predecessor.

Overall it is just a better camera than the Gl2.

However, anyone will tell you that Sony cameras have always preformed the best in low light. I’m not saying that Sony’s are better or worse overall, I’m just letting you know that if a majority of your shots are in extreme low light, you will not be dissapointed.

Best Regards,

Corey

Thanks for your reply. I am getting a used one soon.

Thanks,
      Brenden

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap