XH-A1 to DVD (with FCS2)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Okay so this past summer I started my own production company. I only did game tapes forathletes, so anywhere from 2-7 minutes.

As my company is growing, I am being asked to do larger projects like filming full hockey, lacrosse, basketball games for teams.

I am having some issues getting the video on to SD- DVD in a hassle-free way.I shoot everything in HD at 60i. I am using a Macbook Pro withFinal Cut Studio 2.

Anyone with a similar set-up or any knowledge want to help me out?

Thanks

ld

Participant

Are you trying to put HD video on a regular DVD? I believe you need Blu-Ray disks. But since no one has Blu-Ray players, there’s no point.

So after you’re done editing you need to convert your HD timeline to the DV/DVCPro NTSC codec. Then burn that to a regular DVD.

or

Convert to SD on the import of the footage and edit in SD.

Inactive

I guess I’m going to have to see what is the best here. My camera has a built in down converter so maybe thats the best bet.

And I’ll try DVCPro.

Just got to see what has the best time/quality ratio.

Thanks,

ld

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap