Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Consumer Camcorders › XH-A1 to DVD (with FCS2)
- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 6 months ago by Anonymous.
- September 30, 2008 at 2:14 AM #45334AnonymousInactive
Okay so this past summer I started my own production company. I only did game tapes forathletes, so anywhere from 2-7 minutes.
As my company is growing, I am being asked to do larger projects like filming full hockey, lacrosse, basketball games for teams.
I am having some issues getting the video on to SD- DVD in a hassle-free way.I shoot everything in HD at 60i. I am using a Macbook Pro withFinal Cut Studio 2.
Anyone with a similar set-up or any knowledge want to help me out?
- September 30, 2008 at 5:38 AM #188462RobParticipant
Are you trying to put HD video on a regular DVD? I believe you need Blu-Ray disks. But since no one has Blu-Ray players, there’s no point.
So after you’re done editing you need to convert your HD timeline to the DV/DVCPro NTSC codec. Then burn that to a regular DVD.
Convert to SD on the import of the footage and edit in SD.
- October 2, 2008 at 3:04 AM #188463AnonymousInactive
I guess I’m going to have to see what is the best here. My camera has a built in down converter so maybe thats the best bet.
And I’ll try DVCPro.
Just got to see what has the best time/quality ratio.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.