XH-A1 to DVD (with FCS2)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Okay so this past summer I started my own production company. I only did game tapes forathletes, so anywhere from 2-7 minutes.

As my company is growing, I am being asked to do larger projects like filming full hockey, lacrosse, basketball games for teams.

I am having some issues getting the video on to SD- DVD in a hassle-free way.I shoot everything in HD at 60i. I am using a Macbook Pro withFinal Cut Studio 2.

Anyone with a similar set-up or any knowledge want to help me out?

Thanks

ld

Rob
      Participant

Are you trying to put HD video on a regular DVD? I believe you need Blu-Ray disks. But since no one has Blu-Ray players, there’s no point.

So after you’re done editing you need to convert your HD timeline to the DV/DVCPro NTSC codec. Then burn that to a regular DVD.

or

Convert to SD on the import of the footage and edit in SD.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I guess I’m going to have to see what is the best here. My camera has a built in down converter so maybe thats the best bet.

And I’ll try DVCPro.

Just got to see what has the best time/quality ratio.

Thanks,

ld

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN