would magnet interfere with camcorder?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi,

I have a Canon Vixia HF200 that I want to mount behind the players bench to record hockey games. Every rink we play at has a steel support beam going vertically that would be ideal to hold the camcorder high enough if I can find a way to have it held in place. I can make a box to hold/protect the camcorder but need something to hold that.
      I was thinking C-clamps to attach to the beam but not sure if that will stay tight throughout the game and have enough grip. Might use vices but was wondering if a strong magnet would interfere with the camera’s recording, and have enough strength?

I’m likely overlooking something even simpler so any suggestions are welcomed. A tripod wouldn’t work as there is little room for the coaches to walk and could easily knock that over.

Thanks in advance!

Participant

Degausing tapes as they record would indeed have an interesting effect.

Inactive

as this is a flash memory camera, i don’t think you would have an issue with the magnet until it doesn’t have enough strength to keep that camera up, or someone knocks it down…. I say invest in a cheap monopod and mount that.

John

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap