Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › Working with *.rm files
- This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years, 6 months ago by Anonymous.
- September 11, 2005 at 9:51 AM #38942AnonymousInactive
I have some RealMedia (*.rm) files that I would like to edit. Neither Pinnacle Studio 9.4.3 nor Avid FreeDV 1.6.1 can open these files. Can you suggest another software to work with them – a trial version would be just fine – it’s a one time job- ?
- September 11, 2005 at 11:49 AM #169046AnonymousInactive
I’m pretty sure Premiere Pro 1.5 will do it. After all, I can export .rm files, so I should be able to import them. You can get the 30-day trial version here: http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/download.jsp?ftpID=2558
- September 11, 2005 at 12:33 PM #169047AnonymousInactive
Thanks. I’ll give it a try, although I’m not very convinced it will work – after all, Pinnacle exports RealVideo files too -still it can’t open these ones (maybe they’re corrupt or something – but in RealOne they play fine) 🙁
- September 11, 2005 at 8:31 PM #169048AnonymousInactive
Let me know if it works. Also, I just thought, you could probably download a trial of ProCoder or Sorensen Squeeze and convert the .rm files to .avi if the Premiere thing doesn’t work.
- September 12, 2005 at 5:34 AM #169049AnonymousInactive
God, I can’t believe I’m doing this just because I’m such a big Elvis fan (it’s all amateur footage I’ve found on the net)!
- September 12, 2005 at 8:27 PM #169050AnonymousInactive
You’re not alone. I’m converting 20 episodes of Saturday Night Live from .rm to MPEG-4 to watch on my PSP (PlayStation Portable)!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.