Working with 3D programs

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am new to video and figured I would play around with it since I just got a 5D. I also play around with a few different 3D software packages. Ihave a very short video I shot, 10 seconds, and was looking for a way to combine the video I shot with some 3D animation.

My first (of what I am sure will be many) problem is when I shot the vidoe I was hand holding the camera and had zoom changes.

My question. What is the process for getting the camera in the 3D software to match the movements in the video footage?

Luis Oscar MaymiLuis Oscar Maymi
      Participant

What 3D software packages are you talking about?

“…when I shot the video I was hand holding the camera and had zoom changes.”

Depending on what type of 3D animation you want to do, the camera shaking and zoom could make it look bad.

Participant

You can use a motin control rig to shoot, program and save that camera file, then import that into your 3D app as the camera’s move.

Inactive

the motion capture rig would be nice. however it is not in my budget. i am only playing with video since my camera can record it.

i did find a soultion yesterday. it looks like there are two different free programs voodoo and icraus(?) that will create the motion track for use with blender. i will play around with that and just how much trouble i can get into.

thanks for your responses.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap